Machine Operator employees are responsible for the operation of multiple blow molding and Injection machines and vision systems using written work instructions and computer interface. Requires a general understanding of overall manufacturing process and the ability to understand and follow basic good manufacturing practices. Qualified candidates are responsible for starting and maintaining Machine Operation with a complete and overall understanding in the assigned area of responsibility.
Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions
Responsible for insuring that all machines within the scope of responsibility are kept running and producing quality bottles while insuring the least amount of down-time possible. This includes communicating problems to on-coming shift personnel.
- Employee works from a production schedule located within the work area.
- Randomly checks product produced every hour, to ensure the customer specifications are met.
- Performs repetitive production and packing operations to mass process products such as plastic bottles.
- Monitors flow of product into processing machinery.
- Tends machines, such as palletizers, case packers, and box machine to maintain product flow.
- Works at different work stations as production needs require.
- Works on lines where tasks vary, as product of various shapes and sizes move along lines.
- Check finished product for possible defects.
- Wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Maintains housekeeping of work areas.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree; or one two three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While the employee is performing the duties of this position that employee must be able to manipulate product with both hands , both above and below shoulder height. The employee must be able to stand on a solid surface for a minimum of twelve hours. The employee must be able to ascend and descend stairs and ladders. The employee must be able to frequently lift and /or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close visual inspection of product. The employee must be to perform job functions in temperatures of one hundred plus degrees during summer season and fifty degrees during winter season.