Amcor Flexibles EMEA is a division of Amcor, the market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. With more than 50 plants in 18 countries, we deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets. Our award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor Flexibles EMEA the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.
For more information visit www.amcor.com.
Think BIG. Start small. Move FAST. Go Far.
Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa
Operations Graduate Program
We are looking for Graduates interested in applying for our Graduate Program in:
Supply Chain (across Europe)
Why choose the Amcor Experience?
The Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA) Graduate Program is an exciting opportunity to further develop your skills and unwrap your expertise with an international packaging leader offering you a unique working experience in an innovative and diverse environment.
The Graduate Programme is an 18 months development opportunity, which consists in 3 rotations of 6 months each. Each rotation will be based in one of our plant across Europe.
Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA)
Around the world, hundreds of times a day, people touch and use our packaging. You’d be surprised how often you interact with our products when you open a bottle, unwrap a pack or tear open a pouch. AFEMEA applies art and science to create responsible packaging solutions for products used by people around the world. We partner with our customers to deliver high-performing consumer experiences for a wide range of products such as food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal care.
With more than 50 plants in 18 countries, Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA), a division of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes AFEMEA the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.
Take on a Challenge!
At AFEMEA, we empower our talent to take initiative and use that freedom to do what they do best. You will have ample opportunity to be successful by working within an outperformance culture of motivated people who strive to be better every day. You will get to work with influential brands and make your case to stick around long after the graduate experience is over. If you want to grow your knowledge then you are the type of person that we want to hear from.
In Amcor there are many opportunities for talented people within our Operations Teams. The main areas of work that are covered by the term “Operations” include:
Supply Chain: some of the key activities include
- Origination: Working with our Customers and Suppliers to design how the product will be made and what it will look like to the Customer.
- Purchasing: Ensuring that we get the right raw materials, at the right price to ensure that we can make the products for our customers. Planning: Making sure that all the raw materials, labour and machinery are in the right place at the right time to ensure that we meet our Customers deadlines.
- Logistics and warehousing: This takes place at the beginning and end of the process, and is responsible for moving the raw materials and finished goods to and from our suppliers and customers. The Warehousing Teams ensure that our raw materials and finished goods are stored safely and correctly, available for delivery at the right time
- Production Management: Within Production Management you are involved in the biggest Department, which are the manufacturing teams. Here you will be responsible for manufacturing the products for our customers and you will be responsible for ensuring that the product is made on time and to the right quality; ensuring at all times that you and your team behave in Safe way. There are many tasks and activities involved in production management that means every day is busy, challenging and rewarding for those who want to lead groups of people. At our bigger sites a Production Manager could have 150 people in the Teams below them!
- Continuous Improvement: The purpose of the Continuous Improvement Team is, not surprisingly, to find ways of how we can make every aspect of our business better! In CI you may work to help our Manufacturing teams work more effectively, ensuring that they can make our Customers’ products more effectively and efficiently. Many well-known terms have originated from CI including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Quality Management: Our Customers use us to manufacture packaging that not only keeps their products safe and secure, but also looks good. To ensure that they get the best product we ensure that the quality of the product is the absolute best it can be and we do this through training and improving our operators and production teams as well as checking to make sure that what we send to them is the best that we can do.
In addition to these roles the Operations Team are supported by specialists in Health and Safety, Engineering, HR, Finance and Customer Services, and these functions help to make up a part of the AFEMEA Team.
AFEMEA is committed to recruit and develop graduates to ensure that we have talented co-workers in our business helping us turn challenges into opportunities. The successful applicant will be offered a permanent contract designed to provide real, on the job learning in one of AFEMEA teams. You will be involved from day 1, working on projects where you will be encouraged to actively participate in decisions that make a direct impact on our business. All things considered, the AFEMEA Graduate Experience offers an ideal platform to jump start your career on a winning team.
What do you need?
Each year we select, train and develop some of the world's brightest and most outstanding graduate trainees. Our Graduate Program is specially designed for independent and motivated thinkers who love learning and taking on new challenges and responsibilities – people who want to stand out in the professional world.
It’s a good start to have the following:
- Master’s/Honours degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, material science, polymers or physics degree, supply chain, project management
- Up to 2 years of work experience
- Evidence of achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities
- Good business acumen
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Proactive and result-oriented
- Collaboration skills and ability to work in a team
- Fluency in English and any additional European language is required
If you think our Graduate Program experience is for you, please read the following on our selection process.
Submit your online application in English, including your CV and cover letter. If you are successful, you will then be asked to do a video interview – this will give us an insight into your background and experience. If you are successful, you will then be asked to do a video interview – this will give us an insight into your background and experience. If we think you would be a good fit for the Graduate Program, the next stage is a competency-based telephone interview followed by our online personality and ability tests. This will give us a more detailed insight into your skills, goals and motivations. Impress us at this stage and you will be going through the final stage – the assessment centre in one of our AFEMEA locations. You’ll be able to demonstrate that you’re the right pick for us depending on your performance in a number of challenging exercises. It will also give you a chance to find out more about AFEMEA and meet some of the people that work for us. If you are successful you will be offered a permanent contract according to the applicable laws of the respective legal entity of the hiring country within AFEMEA.
Visit www.amcor.com for more information.