With more than 50 plants in 18 countries, Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA), a division of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes AFEMEA the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.
For more information visit www.amcor.com.
Position Job Title: Product Development Engineer - GKA - Snacks & Confectionery
BG and BU: Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East & Africa (AFEMEA)
Function: Research & Development
Location: Flexible Location Within UK
Line Manager’s Job Title: Product Development Manager
Advertising Legal Entity*: Amcor Group GmbH, Zuerich/Switzerland
Work contract Legal Entity*: Amcor Group GmbH, Zuerich/Switzerland
Contract Length: Permanent
*Contract will be issued accordingly with legal requirements and legal entity of the hiring country
Management and execution of assigned Product Development projects within Snacks & Confectionery (S&C) market. The PDE will be dedicated to one specific customer, which is a Global Key Account.
He/she will lead and/or participate in customer related and segment driven platform projects, new product and product line extension projects, and more complex raw material changes, from the idea to the implementation phase.
He/she will have an active participation in the development of products / concepts / technologies. Furthermore, he will technically manage the account and keep the complete overview of all ongoing developments with this specific customer. Regular contact with the customer center and the dedicated manufacturing plants are needed.
The PDE will interact with customers and raw material suppliers within their market area of specialization. Additionally, PDEs will strongly interact and support the Plant Technical teams in the scope of new products development projects.
Job Dimensions & Scope
- Responsible for managing the day to day activities related to the new product development projects (NPDs)
- Responsible for the documentation and communication of the progress to the Product Development Managers and other selected persons
- Responsible for technical sales and marketing support within a specific market segment
- Responsible for managing projects within Amcor Flexibles manufacturing network
- Maintain contact with the relevant packaging machine supplier (when applicable)
- Interact with Amcor Extrusion plants
Executing and closing new product development projects (NPDs) for S&C market, and one GKA in particular
- Set up the plan with milestones and deliverables for the assigned NPD projects
- Managing the assigned NPD projects in a site, with the support of a selected team
- Product qualification internally and at customers
- Monthly reporting on the status, the progress and the following month planned activities
- Maintaining the project database
Global Key Account driven New Product Development programs
- Managing the projects as above
Field Technical Service
- Support our Field Technical Service team at assigned customers, upon the need.
- Technical assistance for sales/marketing in selling concepts, cost reduction initiatives and Amcor Flexibles products
- Preparation of technical presentations related to the above
- Assisting the plant technical team in product optimisation, either driven by customers or internally by plant / cluster
Major Challenges & Complexities
Be the link to customers, sales, marketing and plant regarding R&D insights.
- Product Development Manager
- Product Development Director
- Key Account Managers
- GKA Account team
- Plant Technical and central R&D services
- Customers Purchasing, R&D and Packaging Engineering
- Raw Material and Packaging Machine Suppliers
- Universities and technical Institutes
Formal Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in flexible packaging industry
- Excellent knowledge of materials and converting technologies related to flexible packaging
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Materials Science / Chemical / Electrical Engineering or related field
- Fluent in English, preferred additional foreign language
Specific Skills And Abilities
- Project Management experience and proven project leadership roles
- Proactive and able to communicate with senior management, sites and able to give seminars and presentations to customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to build internal and external relationship
- Solid understanding of overall business goals and business acumen
If you are looking for a fast-paced and multicultural environment join us now!