With more than 50 plants in 18 countries, Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA), a division of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes AFEMEA the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.
For more information visit www.amcor.com.
Position Job Title: Product Development Engineer Pharma
BG and BU: Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East & Africa (AFEMEA)
Function: Research & Development
Location: AF Singen (Germany) or AF Kreuzlingen (Switzerland)
Line Manager’s Job Title: Product Development Manager
Advertising Legal Entity*: Amcor Group GmbH, Zuerich/Switzerland
Work contract Legal Entity*: Amcor Group GmbH, Zuerich/Switzerland
Contract Length: Permanent
*Contract will be issued accordingly with legal requirements and legal entity of the hiring country
Responsible of product development and customer technical support. The role requires close links with sales, customers, marketing, machine manufacturers, raw material suppliers, Amcor Flexibles plants and Field Technical Service team in order to generate and deliver sales or profit growth through new product market implementation and eventual trouble shooting and product improvements.
- Responsible for New Product Development project management from idea to launch (customer implementation), including project costs management and trial cost budget, in coordination with the Cross Functional team.
- Management of project portfolio in IMS (Innovation Management System)
- Responsible for Improvement and Maintenance projects on existing products in coordination with Procurement, Marketing, Sales and AF plants.
- Responsible for Application technical support to customers in coordination with Sales, Marketing and AF plants.
- Close cooperation with raw material suppliers and packaging machine manufacturers
Major Challenges & Complexities
- Coordination and effective communication with several functions and levels in the organization
- Innovation thinking to find always new and more effective solutions to drive for results
- High responsiveness, flexibility and availability to customer support (customer focus)
- Learning on fly on always new technical challenges and market application requirement evolution
- Sales & Marketing
- Plant Technical team
- R&D (other Product Development teams)
- Field Technical Service
- Central Procurement
- Plant Customer Service
- Machine manufacturers
Formal Qualifications And Experience
- Technical knowledge on packaging materials and converting processes as well as on the packaging machines
- University degree in related science, engineering or technical discipline (packaging engineering or Chemistry background preferred)
- Fluent in English and German, additional European languages are a plus
Specific Skills And Abilities
- Project Management experience and proven project leadership roles
- Proactive and able to communicate with senior management, sites and able to give seminars and presentations to customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to build internal and external relationship
- Solid understanding of overall business goals and business acumen
If you are looking for a fast-paced and multicultural environment join us now!