Amcor Rigid Plastics
ADP Associate Packer
Amcor is the world’s largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Amcor, with $9.1 billion in sales (FY 2017), is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid and flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care, and tobacco packaging industries.
- Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry.
- Today, Amcor has more than 35,000 co-workers working together across 200 sites in more than 40 countries.
- We are: Global, Customer-driven, Innovative, Responsible and Talented.
- Listed as one of the top 50 companies in Fortune Magazine’s “Change The World” report. (2017)
This is a learning position that focuses on becoming skilled at packing product and assisting with running processing equipment such as injection and blow molding machines. This position performs fundamental work using existing procedures. Operational training will be provided. This position requires strong prioritizing skills and the ability to multi task.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and, in accordance with the various safety-related programs.
- Packing of finished product including preforms and bottles
- Assist in producing containers
- Inspect containers and document quality aspects
- Perform general housekeeping duties
- Assist in machine tooling changes
- Document machine and process parameters
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient computer skills in excel and word
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in a development or manufacturing facility a plus.
- Ability to certify as a forklift/overhead crane operator
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as assigned
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Managing & Measuring Work
- ADP Leadership
- Plant Personnel
- Internal and external customers/vendors
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.