Amcor Rigid Plastics
Blow Tooling Project Manager
Amcor is the world’s largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Amcor, with $9.1 billion in sales (FY 2017), is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid and flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care, and tobacco packaging industries.
- Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry.
- Today, Amcor has more than 35,000 co-workers working together across 200 sites in more than 40 countries.
- We are: Global, Customer-driven, Innovative, Responsible and Talented.
- Listed as one of the top 50 companies in Fortune Magazine’s “Change The World” report. (2017)
Manage all aspects of blow tooling projects including tooling definitions and specifications. Responsible for creation of Bills of Material and ordering blow tooling, change parts and downstream tooling.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend Business Development Request (BDR) and Supply Chain Capital Request (SCCR) meetings. Document project scope as it relates to blow mold and downstream tooling.
- Interface with R&D engineering on new container projects to review and confirm container design specifications meet blow tooling standards. Ensure information transfer from development to production tooling
- Work with Supply Chain and Amcor plant resources to determine the best production line(s) for new tooling
- Work with plant resources to determine and document the tooling requirements for new projects including downstream requirements.
- Work with Amcor and tooling vendor resources to determine the production blow mold design and construction. Document required mold construction on a Production Mold Order (PMO) Form and communicate to blow mold vendor.
- Obtain tooling quotes and delivery times from vendors. Develop Bills of Material for tooling projects capturing necessary capital and expense costs.
- Facilitate PMO tooling process and issue purchase orders to vendors.
- Review and approve vendor tooling assembly drawings and models to ensure that the Amcor features are incorporated in the design.
- Track vendor progress and performance. Review vendor status reports. Communicate and resolve any tooling or delivery issues.
- Work with Amcor resources and vendors to determine compatibility of existing tooling across production blow lines
- Work with OEMs on new equipment purchases and retrofits from the initial specification and manufacturing phases through installation and qualification in support of Ops Eng Program Mgrs.
- Issue weekly internal status report for all on going blow tooling projects.
- Create and maintain project files and database entries for each project.
- Create and maintain blow mold tooling standard documents as required.
- Maintain Master Equipment Matrix for blow molding and downstream equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years related experience with 2 years of project management and a 3 years of experience working with blow molds
- Experience working with blow mold tooling vendors required, preferably within the PET industry
- SAP, Windchill and Salesforce software familiarity
- MS Office proficiency, specifically MS Project and MS Excel
- Knowledge of blow molding machine and downstream container handling is beneficial
- Travel 10%
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Managing & Measuring Work
- ARP Operations Program Managers
- ARP Operations Engineering Program Managers
- ARP Product Development Engineers
- ARP Quality Engineers
- ARP Maintenance Managers and Leads
- Vendor Engineers
- Vendor Project Managers
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.