POSITION: Network Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, install, and perform testing activities on various office and plant computer equipment, operating systems and applications, network systems, peripherals, date and voice communications equipment, RF units, routers, hubs, security and timekeeping systems. Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment, systems and software.
• Work with maintenance department and/or outside contractors on installation of cable and electronic wiring for computer and communications systems.
• Add, maintain and remove users on the network systems and Kronos systems. Apply application access, ensuring security and maintain configurations within standards. Track and maintain proper security access on systems.
• Configure and provide support to users relating to both hardware and software problems.
• Maintains cellular telephone equipment and photocopier/fax equipment, as well as associated contracts/leases. Monitors and reports usage and costs.
• Performs preventative maintenance for computer, data communication and peripheral equipment.
• Assists, advises and troubleshoots network and systems problems at satellite locations as required.
• Designs, develops and implements site-specific computer applications.
• Completes regular scheduled backup of computer files and maintains disaster recovery plan.
• Develops and maintains software inventory and tracking system; develops inventory listings and orders electronic components as necessary.
• Prepares and submits vendor warranty documentation and manages warranty repairs.
• Works with Corporate Information Systems departments to understand new/changed requirements and upcoming projects. May participate in technology and testing/developing software project teams. Attend seminars or related training to enhance as subject matter expert and keep abreast of new technologies.
• Utilize electronic test equipment or computer-aided diagnostics devices to identify equipment malfunctions.
• Confer with manufacturers’ representatives in the evaluation, selection, bids and installation of computer and telecommunications systems and equipment. Oversees vendor installation or modification projects of equipment or systems.
• Maintain Computer Based Training program, including participant training and monthly reporting of training hours.
• May be required to perform other projects/tasks as assigned.
• The Network Technician has the responsibility to successfully complete the position-training program.
• High school diploma or equivalent