Amcor Rigid Plastics
One- Step Technician
Safely and effectively operate one-step equipment (including Nissei and related machinery) in accordance with production requirements. Troubleshoot problems to maintain operational efficiency and quality. Retrieve and record related production data and communicate effectively with coworkers to maintain production flow and respond to changes in production schedule. Incumbent will ensure production of a high quality product in accordance with customer specifications.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate all machines within scope of responsibility to ensure that they are kept running and are producing quality products. This includes, but is not limited to: Nissei and related machines.
- Check and monitor quality on machines as required. Recognize visual quality defects and make necessary adjustments to correct problems. Alert appropriate personnel to quality problems. Use Customer Profile to ensure that finished product is made to specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise. Communicate machinery and equipment problems to supervisor and/or maintenance personnel accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist department personnel on mold changes and PM’s based on schedule.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to other department personnel, including operators, boxmakers and temporary workforce. Provide oversight to packers in area and ensure that packers perform required quality checks during packaging.
- Maintain cycle time checks on machines as required. Maintain machine set-up sheets.
- Utilize, maintain and monitor orderly process, maintenance and machine reference logs/books. Record daily production numbers and enter information into SAP. Process production tickets and correct tickets as required.
- Cross-train on injection machines and related equipment as part of normal job progression.
- Complete daily log of activities in a timely manner. Record and maintain information regarding equipment downtime.
- Make boxes in accordance with production requirements.
- Move materials as required using proper equipment including forklift and pallet jack.
- Clearly communicate relevant information to oncoming shift personnel, supervision, maintenance and other personnel as required to ensure optimum operation.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area in accordance with Company standards.
- Follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) as documented in the policy.
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and as stated in the various safety-related training programs. Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel. Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May perform other related assignments at the direction of supervision.