This position defines and controls the process of PET injection molding, blow molding, and/or packaging operations by developing and managing process control procedures, training standards, continuous improvement projects, and team building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ability to work on all shifts (AM and PM)
- Defines and controls the process of PET injection molding operations.
- Develops written procedures and process books to ensure goods are produced to specifications.
- Troubleshoots and corrects machine malfunctions and quality issues.
- Assist in developing injection mold operators profiling skills and problem solving techniques.
- Assist in training leads and operators on proper machine operations.
- Qualifies new lines and ensures start up lines is operating within specifications.
- Coordinate continuous improvement projects.
- Ensures operations are completed in accordance with Amcor Rigid Plastic’s safety procedures
- Effectively communicates with all internal departments and external customers.
- Ensures work areas are clean and general housekeeping duties are being performed.
- Set up and calibration of color equipment
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for 12 hours, and is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and climb stairs. Regularly uses hands to handle and feel product. The employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
The special requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to see close (at 20 inches or less) and distance visions (20 feet or more). Ability to differentiate colors and good peripheral vision.
Job is performed near moving mechanical parts and occasionally in high, precarious places. Safety glasses are required to be worn. The noise level is loud, requiring hearing protection to be worn. GMP procedures are observed in all areas of the plant.
- Ability to shut down any machine if it poses an imminent danger to employee’s health and/or safety.
- Ability to shut down any machine because of a quality problem so suspect material can be contained.
- Ability to shut down any if it is down three times in one hour for the same mechanical problem.
- Authority to contact any staff or management team member with concerns, questions or suggestions pertaining to their job or work environment.
- Lock Out / Tag Out
- Blood borne Pathogen
- Hearing Conservation / PPE
- Right to Know / Hazardous Communication
- Emergency Evacuation
- Ladder Safety / Fall Protection
- Forklift Safety
- Environmental Awareness
- Food Safety/Security
- HACCP / GMP
- SAP/FMS /SPC
- Machine Specific