This position directs and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing plant to achieve both the plant financial and operating objectives set by the overall corporate, divisional, business unit. The plant manager position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities. This position serves as the senior Amcor representative locally, and is responsible for compliance with the Amcor code of conduct and for ensuring plant compliance with all regulations (Federal and local), as well as other Amcor policies and procedures
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for all plant activities such as environmental health & safety, quality, customer relations, production operations, maintenance, people development, human resources, continuous improvement, engineering, purchasing, warehouse/logistics, and finance.
- Directs production operations to ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency, and consistency with prescribed quality and other performance standards.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes managers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Determines process adjustments in the event of quality issues or a threat to any employee’s health and safety.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and delivery problems.
- Participates in the resolution and prevention of customer complaints, and promotes solid customer relations in partnership with the commercial organization.
- Writes and provides to the Regional Operations Director a monthly activity report.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Business Management or Related
- Eight to ten years related experience or the combined equivalent.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Building Effective Teams
Developing Direct Reports
- Administration and Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Direct Reports
- Amcor co-workers
- Internal/External Customers
- Amcor Leadership typically at Level 3
- Local community representative for Amcor
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements: None
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
Expected Travel: 10%
Other Equipment: None
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.