Position Job Title: Pre-Press Manager AF Barcelona
BG and BU: AFEMEA, Fresh & Dairy
Location: AF Barcelona
Line Manager’s Job Title: Supply Chain Manager AF Barcelona
Advertising Legal Entity*: Amcor Flexibles Espana SLU
Work contract Legal Entity*: Amcor Flexibles Espana SLU
Contract Length: Permanent
The Pre press manager position is responsible to manage the quality of graphic information, lead time confirmation in 24h, consolidation of graphic chain communication among all parts involved (customers, sales force, external pre press and cylinders suppliers).
The different areas of responsibilities are:
- Agreements with suppliers in terms of quality, service and technical specifications.
- Participation in negotiations of different maintenance/supplying contracts, together with financial and supply chain managers.
- Update and purchasing of equipment and technical devices to ensure good quality and service.
- Define workflow and create protocols.
- Coordination of some specific customer counts supporting sales force.
- Meetings with customers supporting sales force.
- Participation in decisions concerning new printing machinery projects.
- Creation and definition of technical specifications in terms of artworks, repro, bases building, cyl. Engraving and supply conditions.
- Technical development of printing orders.
- Printing machines definition for each order, process description, web width for raw materials and graphic coordination.
- Meetings with sales force / customers.
- Control checking digital proofs vs info received.
- Data flow to engravers; technical engraving orders, layout drafts, new bases orders, cylinder production planning.
- Control and solution to non-quality reports received from printing dpt.
- Information to printing manager about all new or modification orders.
- Participation in continuous improvement groups or others if necessary.
- Analysis and reporting of Pre press KPI’s.
- Back up of Pre press coordinator and others during holidays and other periods.
- Formal Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
• At least 3 years of experience in a Gravure Pre press dpt.
• Ability and experience to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Autonomy and ability to prioritize the work load
Education and Certifications
• Mid level in graphics.
• Language skills (English is a must)
- Specific Skills and Abilities
- Customer focus (understanding business needs)
- Ability to build good working relationships with all relevant persons
- Reliability, flexibility & adaptability
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment (responsiveness)
- Negotiation and decision making skills, Influencing others
- Stress resistance
- Interest in company values, products, processes and dynamism
- Strategic Agility
Job Specific Technical Requirements
· Fluent English, Spanish.
· MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design.
· Advanced repro knowledge in gravure/flexo.
- Amcor Leadership Framework
The 3 Leadership competencies which will apply to all AFEMEA employees:
- Driving for Results
- Customer Focus
- Influencing Others
The Leadership competencies which will apply to Operations function:
- Command skills
- Process management
- Business acumen
- Learning on the fly