Position Job Title: Pricing and Costing Analyst
BG and BU: AFEMEA, Fresh & Dairy
Sub-Function: Pricing and Costing
Location: Open location within Europe
Line Manager’s Job Title: Commercial Director Fresh & Dairy
Advertising Legal Entity*: Amcor Group GmbH, Zurich/Switzerland
Work contract Legal Entity*: Contract will be issued accordingly with legal requirements and legal entity of the hiring country
Contract Length: Permanent
The commercial analyst mission is to analyse and structure commercial data & intelligence, support commercial process and develop tools and report to facilitate commercial decision processes. He / she will facilitate implementation of those tools and processes in the commercial team (at BU & Site Level).
His/ her role is to ensure all process & commercial tools are accurate and up to date to guarantee strategic & tactical decisions are taken with most updated and secure data. Main areas of responsibility are Flexicalc, PMDB, SFDC, Contract Management, Apollo, Price Tracker, Master data. His / Her mission is also to simplify Commercial processes and ensure all information available is properly and easily used by all stake holders.
He / she will also strongly participate to the Pricing strategy definition (Pricing corridor definition) and the rolling out of Flexicalc (standard Costing Tool). He / she will be the guardian of the reliability of the Costing Tool and methodology in F&D.
Financial:.500 million EUR in sales per year
Scope: Fresh & Dairy Business Unit (interaction with Central Team Pricing)
- Assist Pricing Manager in Pricing strategy elaboration
- Analyse Pricing data from all available source (PMDB / RFQ) to elaborate by market segment reliable pricing corridor analysis
- Masterdata cleaning to guarantee data reliability
- Build competitive intelligence database out of RFQ : develop tool to automatically capitalize on market "reaction" (RFQ lost/win quoted in Flexicalc)
- Guardian of RFQ data reliability (follow up with Sales when deviation)
- Ensure integration of Pricing strategy in Costing Tool (Flexicalc) to guarantee efficient Pricing strategy implementation at site.
· Build up Pricing & Quotation KPI and management dashboards
· Build ad hoc Report and analysis when required (e.g : customer price calculators…)
Flexicalc Roll Out (Temporary)
- Under the Flexicalc Project Manager, support the roll out of flexicalc in all F&D sites.
- Develop a Flexicalc training package and train users to guarantee an harmonized and optimized utilisation of the tool.
- Become the Technical and Business expert of Flexicalc (acquire a in depth understanding of the tool and the way quotations are done (audit algorithm and be able to make improvement recommandations)
- Responsible to follow up on all improvement requirement of Flexicalc
- Ensure integration of Pricing strategy within Flexicalc
- Train and document Flexicalc to guarantee an harmonized and optimized utilisation of the tool.
Commercial Tools & Processes
- Ensure all commercial Tools and Processes are robust, up to date, and properly used by Sales Team, BU commercial team and site Commercial Team.
- Maintain and improve Apollo (F&D forecasting tool) and Apollo Price Tracker. Perform regular follow up of data to guarantee reliability and exhaustivity.
- Analyse main Commercial KPI (Churn / Churn Reason Why) and take appropriate action to improve them, working in X functional team (Sales / Site / Commercial)
- Support and help Commercial & Value+ Managers in the Commercial Action tracking (SFDC / Value+ action follow up)
- Support & facilitate A+ (RM tracker) roll out in F&D plant, working with Finance & Commercial site team to validate data and integrate them in Apollo Price Tracker.
- Ensure RM index tracker is implemented at site level. Ensure training of stakeholder and perform regular follow up of data to guarantee integrity and exhaustivity.
- Support Supply chain team in SoB reporting.
- Assist the BU Value+ Manager to drive the PMDB integrity, understanding and business use of the PMDB information
- Ensure full utilisation of the integrated PMDB to ensure that business decisions are made on the full profitability understanding for Amcor
- Ensure PMDB methodology is aligned with BGS expectations, Document them and ensure they are properly implemented at Site level. Perform regular PMDB audit at F&D site
- Document PMDB best practices and roll them out within F&D
- Understand the drivers behind all aspects of the data, enabling swift reasoning and opportunity assessment
- Work with other areas of the Commercial Excellence Team as required to dig deep on specific account requirements
- Attend PMDB reviews at a site level in agreement with the BUs and on a prioritised basis
- Formal Qualifications and Experience
- 2-5 years relevant Pricing / Commercial experience or Financial/Controlling experience
- University degree in Business Administration
- Specific Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability with massive information database
- Strong analytical and structuration skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Rigour and discipline
- Open minded and imagination
- Ability to have strong statistical and analytical backgroung
- Goal oriented
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Tenacious, engaging and confident
- Results oriented
- Ability to get things done
- Amcor Leadership Framework
The 3 Leadership competencies which will apply to all AFEMEA employees:
- Driving for Results
- Customer Focus
- Influencing Others
The Leadership competencies which will apply to Commercial function:
- Interpersonal savvy
- Business acumen
- Innovation management
- Strategic agility