Position Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
BG and BU: AFEMEA, Pharma & Medical
Sub-Function: Continuous Improvement (CI)
Location: AF Kreuzlingen
Line Manager’s Job Title: Plant General Manager AF Kreuzlingen
Advertising Legal Entity*: Amcor Flexibles Kreuzlingen AG
Work contract Legal Entity*: Amcor Flexibles Kreuzlingen AG
Contract Length: Permanent
Provides direction for all matters related to Continuous Improvement (CI), Amcor Manufacturing Excellence/Lean for the site AF Kreuzlingen. Is responsible for deploying strategic initiatives (supports development of initiatives together with AFEMEA BU Pharma&Medical and AFEMEA Operations Excellence Management and team), policies and procedures in line with corporate guidelines and ensures implementation.
Job Dimensions & Scope
- Functionally responsible for AF Kreuzlingen AG
- Team of 2 CI Leaders
- Approx. 360 employees
- Interfacing/exchanging eg. BP within BU P&M
- Drive Continuous Improvement (CI), Manufacturing Excellence / LEAN culture within the site to achieve “World Class” status in the whole organisation
- Provide monthly Manufacturing Excellence report including CI savings, scrap, productivity and quality performance per plant to the Plant General Manager
- Contributing to the development of AFEMEA strategic initiatives and practices plus ensure plants are aligned and deploy the main initiatives/priorities coming from AFEMEA Operations Excellence.
- Facilitate the identification and the implementation of best practices as well as foster active exchange of best practice between the BU P&M and AFEMEA Operations
- Support Plant Manager and process owners in identifying their key issues and opportunities (project selection, outcome to be included in Annual Plan) and support/drive measurable business improvements through manufacturing and non-manufacturing projects.
- Lead skilled, motivated CI professionals including coaching, training, succession planning
Amcor Manufacturing Excellence (AME)
- Responsible (guardian) of the Amcor Manufacturing Excellence (AME) reference standard for AF Kreuzlingen including amending, enhancing and enlarging the scope of the AME tool. Includes KPIs and documented references to best practices.
- Define and organise training programmes related to world class manufacturing.
- Identify, document, promote and assure exchange and implementation of best practices in manufacturing and support functions within the BU P&M
Major Challenges & Complexities
- Rebuilding a CI/Manufacturing Excellence culture organisation at the pace required to make the changes required within the plant AF Kreuzlingen. Change management within the diverse cultural and behavioral environment.
- Formal Qualifications And Experience
- Expert understanding of lean manufacturing (automotive approach, dedicated equipment/cell configuration) with practical deployment experience (evidence of practical realisation).
- Experience with TPM or World Class Manufacturing models including launch and deployment across multiple sites.
- 5-7 years in manufacturing managerial experience and equivalent business acumen eg. understanding of cost and profitability drivers.
- Languages: German and English (fluent)
Education and Certifications
- TPM and LEAN Management or equivalent e.g. MBB
- Engineering degree
- Specific Skills And Abilities
- Strong ability to lead change at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication ability at all levels of the organization in a multi-national environment.
- Willing to work in teams as well as lead teams.
- Good knowledge of working with spreadsheets and data bases
- Amcor Leadership Framework
The 3 Leadership competencies which will apply to all AFEMEA employees:
- Driving for Results
- Customer Focus
- Influencing Others
- Managerial Courage
The Leadership competencies which will apply to OHSE:
- Command Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Process Management
- Learning on the Fly
The 4 Leadership competencies which will apply to all People Manager:
- Nose for Talent
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage