JOB TITLE: Maintenance
REPORT TO: Maintenance Supervisor
DATE: Jan. 10, 17
Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform necessary repairs and preventative maintenance on plant production equipment and facilities equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all projects, repairs, and/or improvement on the equipment as well as any mold changes and maintaining preventative maintenance.
- Ensure proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment.
- Improve the production equipment, utilities, efficiency and reliability.
- Recommend, plan, repair, modify, make, install and adjust all the necessary elements following a problem or a project, which may have an effect of the productivity.
- Analyze and resolve all issues related to the equipment.
- Ensures Service Technicians are scheduled for repairs/upgrades.
- Review Visual management boards and address issues.
- Ensure production equipment is performing to 87% company standard and addressing any deficiencies.
- Report to Maintenance Manager the progress of projects, general maintenance needs and improvements.
- Create and/or revise work instructions.
- Ensure needed parts are on site for upcoming PM’s.
- Ensures cleanliness of all equipment and related areas after repairs of PM’s.
- Keep all tools in good and safe condition and ensure tools are returned to its appropriate location.
- Assist in updating, and developing and improving equipment PM programs.
- Communicate to supervisors on the condition of all production equipment.
- Direct and advise production employees when they help with repairs.
- Assist and train production employees in machine conversions and PM’s
- Assist in machine operation if need arises.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalogue is up-to-date room is organized and kept clean and tidy.
- Assist contractors in machine and building repairs
- Assist other maintenance employees with repairs, PM, installation, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Drive Process Control procedures.
- Flexible – if over time required and vacation replacement.
- Must be available for on-call duty including weekends and holidays.
- Perform all duties in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
- Those employees with authorized training, have the ability to shut down/stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to any employee’s health and safety.
- Contact any member of Management without fear of reprisal concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality, working condition or job environment.
- Authority to stop any observed unsafe practices.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.