Primary Purpose of Position:
Operates and maintains multiple machines to produce and audit plastic products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has authority to stop machines/production to communicate safety, quality, machine problems, and breakdowns to Production Coordinator or Maintenance Manager.
- Operates multiple injection molding machines using written work instructions, visual management, and computer interface.
- Conducts quality inspections using specific written and visual guidelines
- Monitors operations of injection molding machine to detect machine malfunctions.
- Performs minor adjustments to the machines to correct improper functions
- Performs preventive maintenance on machines.
- Ensures all tasks are completed in accordance with Amcor PET Packaging’s safety requirements.
- Scans and consumes production tickets using computer interface.
- Removes any damaged material from machine
- Assembles Gaylord boxes to be used for storage and transport of finished product.
- Operates pallet jack and forklift to move finished product from machine to the staging area.
- Effectively communicates with all internal departments
- Grinds defective PET performs
- Maintains a clean work area and performs general housekeeping duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand or walk for 12 hours, and is
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel and climb stairs.
- Regularly use of hands to handle and feel product.
- The employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant.
- The employee must also frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Ability to see close (at 20 inches or less) and distance visions (20 feet or more). Ability to differentiate colors and good peripheral vision.
- Job is performed near moving mechanical parts and occasionally in high, precarious places.
- Safety glasses are required to be worn.
- The noise level is loud, requiring hearing protection to be worn.
- GMP procedures are observed in all areas of the plant.