Amcor Rigid Plastics
Financial Analyst – Co-Op/Internship (Part-time)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Amcor is the world's largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), our fiscal year 2012 revenues match companies in the top half of the U.S. Fortune 500.
- We are a global leader in rigid plastic packaging, the #1 supplier of flexibles in the Global Healthcare, European Food and Asia Pacific Markets, and the #1 supplier of metal and glass packaging in Australia.
- We operate in over 40 countries and employ 33,000+ associates.
- With corporate offices in Australia, the United States, Europe, and Asia we offer a world of opportunities to motivated individuals interested in broadening their horizons.
- Visit www.Amcor.com to learn more.
We believe in responsible packaging. We passionately and relentlessly apply art and science to enhance the products people use in everyday life, today and tomorrow. We are also committed to supporting and developing our co-workers who make our success a reality.
About the Opportunity:
The Financial Analyst co-op position provides an opportunity to play a role in supporting asset refresh decisions made by the senior management team through financial analysis, modeling, planning activities and Business Unit/project support. The exposure this role provides will build a strong foundation for potential larger and broader opportunities within Amcor Rigid Plastics.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide financial analysis and support to Business Unit Management related to: 1) Asset refresh 2) Manufacturing profitability, cost-to-produce drivers and 3) Mold Refresh 4) Downstream functions
- Analyze manufacturing profitability and costs-to-produce (SKU, product line, family, segment, etc.)
- Assist with strategic planning processes
- Develop and maintain analytical data (i.e. supporting documentation, trend analysis, standard templates)
- Generate and maintain dynamic financial models for Business Unit; calculate key indicators, data, metrics, etc. as necessary
- Assist in development of reporting / presentation materials (i.e. PowerPoint slides, booklets, Excel and BPC templates, etc.)
- Support Beverage Business Unit and Operations management efforts to:
- Assist with identifying and quantifying cost-saving opportunities
- Conduct segment / cost comparisons for existing locations & products (including on-site “deep dives”)
- Assist in establishing and interpreting key benchmarking data (labor, usage variance, utilities, spending, etc.) to support budgets, forecasts and management reviews
- Enrolled in an MBA in Business or Masters in Finance
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Specific experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Developing detailed / complex financial modeling, forecasting and what-if scenarios
- Experience developing financial statements (P&L, B/S, Cash Flow)
- Strong experience using / applying financial terminology and concepts
- Strong IT systems aptitude (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems, BPC, SAP R/3, SAP Business Warehouse, forecasting / budgeting software)
- Developing capital spending justifications
- Analyzing product-line profitability and employing activity-based-costing theories
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail; validates analyses before submitting final work product
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and cost accounting in manufacturing environment
- Proven experience developing complex financial models
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Business acumen; polished and professionalism
- Unrelenting degree of integrity and ethics
- Ability to be decisive and meet deadlines; very organized
- Pro-active, strong decision-maker, self starter - takes initiative beyond minimal expectations
- Ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple, complex projects at rapid pace
- Ability to work with detailed information while also understanding the “big picture”
- Sr. Director – DP strategy
- Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Vice President Finance
- Commercial Finance Director
- Finance Manager, Operations
- Marketing – Segment leaders
- External Equipment vendors