Amcor, a global leader in responsible packaging solutions, will assemble some of the industry’s leading packaging experts at Interpack 2017 May 4-10 in Dusseldorf, Germany to discuss latest developments in consumer engagement and packaging trends, new technologies and materials, and more sustainable packaging.
These events are part of the company’s goal to drive innovation and respond to its customers’ needs in terms of differentiation, food safety, value for money and sustainability.
“Interpack is an opportunity to meet with industry influencers and have dynamic conversations around all things packaging,” said Peter Konieczny, president of Amcor Flexibles EMEA. “The experts we gathered to speak at the Amcor events offer real-world experience and valuable insights on some of the most important topics facing brand owners, retailers and manufacturers – from designing for Generation Z to packaging that contributes to a Circular - Economy model.”
The “Big Ideas” sessions will take place in Messe Dusseldorf (Amcor rooms 111 & 112). The agenda includes:
- The Next Generation: Principles of Designing for Gen Z with Liza Murphy, associate director of the Big Picture creative agency. The talk will examine the latest consumer group who are “born digital,” and packaging linked with marketing strategies to help brands form relationships and stay relevant to this audience.
- Design for a Circular Economy: The Future of Plastics with Chris Grantham, Circular Economy Portfolio Director at IDEO. Chris will discuss IDEO’s recently created Circular Design Guide and the innovation opportunities circular economy principles can bring in terms of new products, services and systems in the packaging industry.
- Shape Shifting: Engage Consumers Using Innovative Structural Packaging Strategies with Benjamin Punchard, global packaging insights director with Mintel Group. Drawing on insights and examples, he will address why consumers are responding favourably to packaging structures that solve daily functional requirements.
- From Trash to Treasure: Closing the Recycling Loop on Flexible Packaging with panellists from CEFLEX and MRFF recycling projects. The panel will address challenges to making widespread recycling of flexible packaging a reality – such as mixed materials, food contamination, and sorting at recovery facilities.
- Plus more topics listed here: www.amcor.com/interpack
At its Interpack 2017 booth, Amcor (Hall 9/B15) will showcase its latest flexible packaging solutions, including AmLite, a metal-free laminate for high-barrier packaging and Vento™, an advanced packaging system with built-in venting control for ground coffee and whole beans. Amcor’s packaging materials will also be showcased during processing demonstrations at various machine manufacturers’ booths.
For more information go to: www.amcor.com/interpack
Amcor Limited (ASX: AMC; www.amcor.com) is a global leader in responsible packaging solutions, focusing on a broad range of flexible and rigid plastic packaging that enhances the products consumers use in everyday life, with 95 percent of its sales into the food, beverage, healthcare and tobacco industries. The company employs more than 31,000 people worldwide, operating in 40-plus countries and across more than 190 sites.
For further information, including interviews please contact:
Amcor Flexibles EMEA
Marketing Communications Manager
T: +41 44 316 1920
Amcor-Interpack2017_press-release (.pdf, 201.03kB)