"Amcor has been a key player in supporting the Australian Food and Grocery Council’s guidelines for sustainable practices for carbon, water and waste streams. Amcor’s reduction targets for greenhouse gas emissions, waste and water use put them in a leading position within one of Australia’s largest manufacturing sectors."
Director, Sustainable Development
Australian Food and Grocery Council
- New global environmental standards were developed for environmental discharges, community impact, and cooling tower management
- Compared with our FY2005/06 baseline, the GHG intensity of the new Amcor (including all acquired sites) has increased – refer to Environment section for commentary. Legacy Amcor sites continued their downward trend with a reduction of 4.5% – target not achieved
- 59% reduction in waste to landfill from our 2005/06 baseline – target achieved
- 46% reduction in town water use intensity in Australasia from our 2005/06 baseline – target achieved
- Launched the new five-year EnviroAction reduction targets for greenhouse gas emissions, water use and waste to landfill on World Environment Day
- Commenced discussions with the Procurement Leadership Team about the development of sustainability standards for suppliers and their integration with corporate procurement plans and programs
- Our Flexibles Europe & Americas business commenced sustainability assessments of suppliers in coordination with its procurement team.